Variables that can be used in inline.warning.txt and .html reports

Alan Charlton Alan.Charlton at caseware.com
Wed Jun 18 21:47:10 IST 2008

> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 22:13:14 +0100
> From: Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: Variables that can be used in inline.warning.txt and
> 	.html	reports
> To: MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
>

> Alan Charlton wrote:
> >> ------------------------------
> >>
> >> Message: 20
> >> Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 21:24:53 -0400
> >> From: "Alan Charlton" <Alan.Charlton at caseware.com>
> >> Subject: Variables that can be used in inline.warning.txt and .html
> >> 	reports
> >> To: <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
> >>
> > <5864E8A48D189F4999A1D1BAE3730516828AEB at queen.caseware.cwi.local>

> >> We've been trying to use some variables in the
inline.warning.txt/html

http://$hostname/cgi-bin/release-msg.cgi?datenumber=$datenumber&id=$id&t

http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2007-September/07803

> >> 0.html
> >>
> >> ...Which seems to imply that these variables need to be
specifically
> >> added to work in a given report.
> >>
> >> Is there any way we can add the variables ourselves?  Or do we need
> >> request that they be added in a new release?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Alan
> >>

> >> ------------------------------
> >>

> > Bumping this up for another try... Does anyone know how to get
> > $datenumber and $to to work in the inline.warning.txt and .html
reports?

> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alan
> >
> At the moment, the only variables it appears you can use are these:
>   $filename = join(', ', keys %infected);
>   $id = $this->{id};
>   $from = $this->{from};
>   $subject = $this->{subject};
>
> I can add more if several people need them. If your Perl is up to it,
> you want to add code to sub ReadVirusWarning in Message.pm. Otherwise
> you'll have to bribe me to add them for you :-)
>
> Jules
>
> --

Ok let's talk bribes... I tried doing it myself but I'm not very
familiar with Perl and only succeeded at breaking things. :)

Alan