whitelisting/sorbs

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 11:00:44 IST 2008

> we are using sorbs blacklist and its blacklisting gmail and one of our
> partners. How can I whitelist the IPs - make sure that sorbs is not
> asked or something for the IPs I know to be OK? Can I add the IPS in
> /etc/mail/access or something?

The question is HOW you use the sorbs lists.

1) If you're using RBLs on the SMTP level, you must make sure that you
have a whitelist file which "overrides" all later checkes.

As I'm a postfixer, this is done by eg specifying

check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/from_force_accepts,

textually BEFORE any of the RBL checks.

"from_force_accepts" will say "OK" and then all following checks are
skipped.

2) You will have to ALSO whitelist them in MailScanner, by using a rule
for the spam checks (can't think of the according config directive at
the moment).
That way the mails will be scanned, but not spam checked against the
RBLs and rules and whatnot.

Cheers,
Ronny