Health update

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 17 20:01:37 IST 2008

I would just like to take this opportunity to say a very big thank you
to all of you for your kind words of encouragement and wishes. It's very
much appreciated!

I'll try to get my boss to mail the list when I go in for the op, to let
you know how I'm doing. I'll get back online briefly once I'm well
enough, and say Hi to you all, with liver version 2 inside me :-)

Many thanks to all of you!

Best regards,
Jules.

Brendan Pirie wrote:
> That's fantastic, Jules!  I hope a match is found soon, and your
> recovery goes well.  Best wishes for a long life!
>
> Brendan
>
> Julian Field wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> Just wanted to let you know that, as soon as I send back the consent
>> forms, I am officially on the waiting list for a liver transplant.
>> No holidays or anything now until I get my call...
>>
>> Fortunately, I have grown a new vein in the last few months that
>> means I will just need a new liver and not a small bowel as well,
>> which significantly improves my survival chances. This is very good
>> news :-)
>>
>> Wish me luck!
>>
>> Jules

Jules