Milter-ahead configuration problem

kte at nexis.be kte at nexis.be
Tue Jun 17 12:55:05 IST 2008

Hello Steve,

So i just add milter-ahead-To:nexis.be SKIP after nexis.be RELAY in the
access file??
and force acces.db in sendmail.cf

Koen

Koen Teugels | Information & Communication Technology Engineer
E-mail: kte at nexis.be | Phone: +32 (0)10 81.81.81 | Fax: +32 (0)10 81.81.80

ICT Support: ict-support at nexis.be

NEXIS | Mission Statement | E-mail Disclaimer | General Sales Conditions
Chaussée de Namur, 79 | B-1300 Wavre | E-mail: info at nexis.be
Bisdom, 8 | B-3090 Overijse | http://www.nexis.be

Steve Freegard <steve.freegard at fsl.com>
Sent by: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
17/06/2008 12:31
Please respond to
MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>

MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
cc

Subject
Re: Milter-ahead configuration problem

kte at nexis.be wrote:

> *Jun 10 14:22:53 mail milter-ahead[1957]: 00001 m5ACMYYw002181: looks
> like a local recipient, skipping*
>
> [root at mail ~]# more /etc/mail/mailertable
> nexis.be        esmtp:[mailserver.nexis.be]
>
> [root at mail ~]# more /etc/mail/access
> # Check the /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf file for a description
> # of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file)
> # The /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc
> # package.
> #
> # by default we allow relaying from localhost...
> Connect:localhost.localdomain           RELAY
> Connect:localhost                       RELAY
> Connect:127.0.0.1                       RELAY
> nexis.be                                RELAY
>

> mx record refers to our real mailserver
>
> where can I disable that he says it looks like a local recipient??

If you have 'access-db=/etc/mail/access.db' then the 'nexis.be  RELAY'
entry will act like a whitelist entry on earlier versions of libsnert.

Add the entry:

'milter-ahead-To:nexis.be                                SKIP'

To your access-map and then rebuild it and you should find that
milter-ahead starts doing the call-aheads correctly.

Kind regards,
Steve.