BAYES_00 is killing me

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 10:11:05 IST 2008

2008/6/17 Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>:
> 2008/6/16 Devon Harding <devonharding at gmail.com>:

>>> But can the apache user access the directory?
>>> MailWatch isn't particularly "magical" here, it uses the same info as
>>> all else...
>>>
>>> Try something like "su - apache -s /bin/bash" and then "cd
>>> /path/to/where/you/have/the/bayes/files"... Might give a clue:-)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> --
>>> -- Glenn
>>
>> User apache can access this fine.  I didn't see anything  in the  MailWatch
>> .conf file on  Bayes
>>
> That's because there is nothing there....:-).
> It uses the same info all else do (through the normal SA method... The
> .cf files).
>
> Unless this is something hardcoded into the scriptlet handling the SA
> db dump... Haven't checked that (and will not be anwhere I can check
> it until tomorrow... You have a look:-).
>
> Cheers

Nope, nothing strange here, the call is to
sa-learn -p /path/to/MailScanner/spa.assassin.prefs.conf --dump-magic
in bayes_info.php ... Where /path/to/MailScanner likely expands as
/etc/MailScanner or similar (this is from the SA_PREFS setting in
conf.php).

As the apache user, can you run the above command? What do you get?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn