Upgrade problems

Dave Filchak submit at zuka.net
Sun Jun 15 22:03:47 IST 2008

I searched the archives but for some reason never got much that helped
back. I have been getting the following error in my logs:

Clamd::ERROR:: COULD NOT CONNECT TO CLAMD, RECOMMEND RESTARTING DAEMON :: .

I tried restarting but no love there. So I thought I would try to update
clamd (which is configured properly in MailScanner.conf.

I am still getting the error about and, when I run freshclam, I get the
following:

ERROR: Parse error at line 243: Unknown option ArchiveMaxFileSize.
WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't find or parse configuration file
/usr/local/etc/clamd.conf

The clamd.conf is where it is supposed to be and is owned by root. I did
try to change the ownership to clamav but that did not help. I tried
renaming the daily and mail cvd files and downloaded fresh copies but
again ... no change.

I apologize if this has been discussed earlier but I really did not get
much back from my search of the archives ... or from Google either for
that matter.

Here is my config:

[root@#### ~]# MailScanner -V
Running on
Linux ####.zuka.net 2.6.9-11.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jun 8 17:54:20 CDT 2005
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
This is CentOS release 4.1 (Final)
This is Perl version 5.008005 (5.8.5)

This is MailScanner version 4.63.8
Module versions are:
1.00    AnyDBM_File
1.20    Archive::Zip
1.03    Carp
1.119     Convert::BinHex
2.27    Date::Parse
1.00    DirHandle
1.05    Fcntl
2.73    File::Basename
2.08    File::Copy
2.01    FileHandle
1.06    File::Path
0.18    File::Temp
0.90    Filesys::Df
1.35    HTML::Entities
3.56    HTML::Parser
2.37    HTML::TokeParser
1.21    IO
1.10    IO::File
1.123    IO::Pipe
1.77    Mail::Header
1.87    Math::BigInt
3.05    MIME::Base64
5.420    MIME::Decoder
5.420    MIME::Decoder::UU
5.420    MIME::Head
5.420    MIME::Parser
3.03    MIME::QuotedPrint
5.420    MIME::Tools
0.11    Net::CIDR
1.08    POSIX
1.19    Scalar::Util
1.77    Socket
1.4    Sys::Hostname::Long
0.18    Sys::Syslog
1.9707    Time::HiRes
1.02    Time::localtime

Optional module versions are:
1.32    Archive::Tar
0.22    bignum
1.74    Business::ISBN
missing    Business::ISBN::Data
0.17    Convert::TNEF
missing    Data::Dump
1.809    DB_File
1.13    DBD::SQLite
1.58    DBI
1.08    Digest
1.01    Digest::HMAC
2.36    Digest::MD5
2.10    Digest::SHA1
missing    Encode::Detect
missing    Error
0.19    ExtUtils::CBuilder
missing    ExtUtils::ParseXS
0.44    Inline
1.06    IO::String
1.04    IO::Zlib
2.20    IP::Country
0.17    Mail::ClamAV
3.002003    Mail::SpamAssassin
missing    Mail::SPF
1.997    Mail::SPF::Query
0.20    Math::BigRat
0.2808    Module::Build
0.15    Net::CIDR::Lite
0.48    Net::DNS
missing    Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable
missing    Net::LDAP
missing    NetAddr::IP
1.94    Parse::RecDescent
missing    SAVI