Spamassassin is slow - any tips or good commercial alternative?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jun 13 19:01:43 IST 2008

>  >If it is a load problem you should try to reduce the amount of mail
>  >reaching SpamAssassin in the first place. RBLs come to mind. Or (since
>  >you asked for a commercial solution) have a look at BarricadeMX from
>  >FSL. BMX will greatly reduce the amount of mail reaching your MTA.
> Our userbase means that over 99% of emails sent through the server are
> *not* spam, so any limiting of the emails reaching the MTA would not help.

So if 99% of your mail isn't spam, then why bother using spamassassin?
I would dare to say that 65 - 75% of the mail that "attempts" delivery here IS
spam. Some days it is over 90%, especially on the weekends when we get very
little legit mail.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and