tmp blocking new incomming mail

Jan Agermose ja at conviator.com
Fri Jun 6 10:41:06 IST 2008

hi

I want to block for new mails with out stopping mailscanner handling
mails already queued and I dont want to do it by sending a "get back
later" error since this will not ofload to the 2. MX correct? So I was
thinking that I could simply block using iptables but Im not sure how to
write the rule with out stopping Mailscanner completly. But as I
understand it the incomming sendmail is listening on eht0 and the
outgoing is listening on the lo-interface? So if I block port 25 on eth0
only then Mailscanner will still be able to process all the mails queued
already?

regards

Jan