Viruses flagged as spam too

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Thu Jun 5 23:08:21 IST 2008

Hi All,

I've had a dig through the archives, but didn't turn up anything
definitive (maybe I need more coffee?).  However, I'll ask the
question anyway: is there any way to prevent messages detected as
viruses from also being scanned for spam?  Given that SpamAssassin is
the biggest bottle-neck in the process, it seems pointless to scan
messages that (in my set-up) are never delivered.

I see a big, nasty fly in the ointment though; MailScanner's batch
processing paradigm.  How can we rip individual messages out of a
batch, once the batch has started processing??

Any takers?

Cheers,

James