.AGP Files

Alex Neuman alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Jun 5 15:42:01 IST 2008

Scanning for viruses doesn't corrupt files.
Modifying the message after it's scanned (adding signatures and
headers) may make digital signatures like DKIM and such fail their
specific checks because the message has been modified.
Allowing the file through doesn't corrupt the file. It changes the
message.
You need to NOT process those messages. Try adding:
Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

And in your scan.messages.rules file, located within the %rules-dir%
folder, add:

FromOrTo:	default	yes
From:	xx.xx.xx.xx	no

... where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the sending server.

You could ask "why not use From: *@domain.com"... that would mean that
anyone could pretend to be from that domain and get through
mailscanner untouched.

In fact, the truly paranoid could use:

From:	blabla at domain.com	and	From:	xx.xx.xx.xx	yes

That would mean a message would have to be from blabla at domain.com AND
come from that IP in order to skip processing by MailScanner. Fake
messages from elsewhere would be scanned, and messages that don't have
that AGP thing would be scanned because they come from somebody else
that doesn't use them.