Spam getting through...

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Jun 1 20:18:31 IST 2008

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 20:08:08 +0200
Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

> Rick Bragg wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | I'm basically a newbe with just a few small domains.  I set up
> | Mailscanner with sendmail/ spamassassin/ clamAV and it seems great
> | except tons of spam are getting through.  They are mostly all
> marked as | {Spam?} and are all delivered.
> |
> | Here is in my MailScanner.conf file
> |
> | Spam List = SORBS-DNSBL SORBS-HTTP SORBS-SOCKS SORBS-MISC SORBS-SMTP
> | SORBS-WEB SORBS-SPAM SORBS-BLOCK SORBS-ZOMBIE SORBS-DUL SORBS-RHSBL
> CBL | DSBL spamhaus.org spamhaus-XBL spamhaus-PBL NJABL
> |
> | Spam Domain List = SORBS-BADCONF SORBS-NOMAIL
> |

> | Do these look OK? How can I test these out?  Any advice to a newbe
> as to | what I should do?

[snip]

"dnsbl.sorbs.net" contains all of the SORBS lists with the exception of:
"spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net"

You might want to check: http://www.au.sorbs.net/using.shtml for
further information.

Personally, I prefer "zen.spamhaus.org". It contains all of the
usual spamhaus lists. Further info available at:
http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/index.lasso

I might add that I am employing 'spamhaus' with Postfix. Once you
accept the mail, you can no longer legitimately reject it. Of course you
can delete it; however, I have never seen the logic in accepting to
delete.

Then again, that is just my 2¢.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

During the voyage of life, remember to keep an eye out for a
fair wind; batten down during a storm; hail all passing ships;
and fly your colors proudly.