OT: message reply formatting (was Google gmail)

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Thu Jul 31 09:04:10 IST 2008

[top posting discussion]
> just live with it

+1

I'm more annoyed by people who repeatedly quote huge messages without any
trimming, than top posters. Having to scroll for miles to see a short
message at the end is bad enough on a desktop, must be awful on a mobile
device!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that people who take care on the formatting of
their messages, and replies to messages, gain more respect from their
readers over time. Rather than complaining to top-posters and
non-trimmers, I tend to moan privately and then feel sorry for them
because they're giving out a less-than-ideal impression to the
world/list/whatever.

The same applies to caerless tiping and speling ;)

Cheers!

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites