per domain sigs

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jul 30 23:36:28 IST 2008

on 7-30-2008 1:50 PM Glenn Steen spake the following:
> 2008/7/30  <mailsysteam at googlemail.com>:
>> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Simon Jones <simonmjones at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> thanks Scott,
>>>
>>> I'll try and learn rulesets :)  not a lot of info there though is there!
>>>
>> This list used to be friendly at some point. Time changes I guess If some
>> people can e bothered helping others, maybe they should refrain from reply
>> at all...
>>
>> sorry I can't help you with te rulesets info... :-(
>>

>> Steve
> The list is as friendly as we make it Steve.... Always was that way;-).
> Scott is one of the chaps that makes this a friendly place. One lapse
> on an issue (rulesets), that has been beat to death.... can be
> forgiven. Makes things friendlier still. Now, the info on rulesets in
> MailScanner are:
> - in the rules subdirectory (EXAMPLES file, for example:-) ... either
> /etc/MailScanner/rules or /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules (I think, I'm a
> RPM type o' guy:)
> - in the book
> - in the ML archives (one need but search!:-)
> - in the wiki, as pointed out by Scott in his followup.
> Rulesets are central to the flexibility of MailScanner, so are a very
> good thing to learn. In the stock distribution, the spam whitelist is
> implemented through a ruleset... etc etc etc:-):-)
>
> BTW, being fresh back from renovating/replacing my kitchen/having a
> "vacation", I'm in a very optimistic mood.... The glass is half
> full!!!:-D
>
> Cheers
Glad to see you back with a smile! You should be really smiling when the glass
is completely empty (maybe the second emptying)!  ;-P

The link I gave had a beautiful example of just what the poster asked for. It
is just much nicer to show a reference to someone else's work instead of
adding bits to another message about the same thing over again. I guess that
the negative complaint was because someone just fired from the hip instead of
looking at all the wonderful examples in that link.

"Give a man a fish, and he eats once. Teach a man to fish and he can feed
himself"  (paraphrased, because it just doesn't sound exactly right).

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and