per domain sigs

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 21:50:36 IST 2008

2008/7/30  <mailsysteam at googlemail.com>:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Simon Jones <simonmjones at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> thanks Scott,
>>
>> I'll try and learn rulesets :)  not a lot of info there though is there!
>>

> This list used to be friendly at some point. Time changes I guess If some
> people can e bothered helping others, maybe they should refrain from reply
> at all...
>
> sorry I can't help you with te rulesets info... :-(
>

> Steve
The list is as friendly as we make it Steve.... Always was that way;-).
Scott is one of the chaps that makes this a friendly place. One lapse
on an issue (rulesets), that has been beat to death.... can be
forgiven. Makes things friendlier still. Now, the info on rulesets in
MailScanner are:
- in the rules subdirectory (EXAMPLES file, for example:-) ... either
/etc/MailScanner/rules or /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules (I think, I'm a
RPM type o' guy:)
- in the book
- in the ML archives (one need but search!:-)
- in the wiki, as pointed out by Scott in his followup.
Rulesets are central to the flexibility of MailScanner, so are a very
good thing to learn. In the stock distribution, the spam whitelist is
implemented through a ruleset... etc etc etc:-):-)

BTW, being fresh back from renovating/replacing my kitchen/having a
"vacation", I'm in a very optimistic mood.... The glass is half
full!!!:-D

Cheers
--
-- Glenn