Mail archiving

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Wed Jul 30 15:35:26 IST 2008

Velda Midanovic wrote:

> I have been given a request :
>
> To archive all incoming and outgoing mail, but only on some accounts
> (possibly in another local account).
>
> What I have :
>
> RH4+Sendmail (8.13.1) +MailScanner (4.58.9) +ClamAV+SpamAssassin
>
> Any idea how to do this?
>
> Please?
>
> Velda

> believed to be clean.
> dangerous content by the *Inexcom* <http://www.inexcom.co.uk/> system
> scanner,
> and is believed to be clean.
> Advanced heuristic mail scanning server [0].

Hi There,

This will do everything you need:

http://www.five-ten-sg.com/sm-archive/

If you need help installing it, please ask me, but essentially once you
have compiled it from source you add a line like this to sendmail.mc

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`sm-archive',
`S=local:/var/run/sm-archive/sm-archive.sock, F=T, T=C:30s;S:5m;R:5m;E:5m')

Pete

dangerous content by the Inexcom system Scanner,
http://www.inexcom.co.uk