Problem with SPam, some SPAM going through filter.

Ali Jawad alijawad1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:03:50 IST 2008

The question is still in progress but here it is

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Internet_Email/Email/Anti_Spam/Q_23606563.html#a22119137

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Mark <mcornes at loreto.ac.uk> wrote:

> Gareth could you link to your solution so those who are not sending their
> outgoing via mailscanner can benefit to ? I've just had a quick google
>
> site:experts-exchange.com NDR mailscanner
>
> And the top two solutions are both suggesting sending smtp traffic via
> mailscanner to - which one is yours ?

> On 30/07/2008 10:04, "Gareth" <list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com> wrote:
>
> > See my reply to your question posted on experts-exchange :P
> >
> > On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 09:40, Ali Jawad wrote:
> >> Hi
> >> I am running Mailscanner/Mailwatch I am facing the following problem.
> >> A lot of emails are passing through my incoming spam filter
> >> camouflaged as NDR. Stating subject such as "Message Could Not Be
> >> Delivered" and "User not available". I clearly know this is spam
> >> because I closely monitor outgoing emails and all is fine there.
> >> What can I do so that those emails are marked as Spam correctly
> >> instead of reaching Outlook as System Administrator messages. Their
> >> scores are almost always below 2.
> >>
> >> Some of the originating email servers are :
> >>
> >> map.ttn.ru
> >> relay.tpn.ru
> >> earth.sysprog.spb.ru
> >> mail.couo.ru
> >> mint.ldsoft.ru
> >>
> >> Can I block those server ?
> >>
> >> Thanks

> >> Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting
> >>
> >> Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!

With Regards
Ali Jawad System Administrator
http://www.alijawad.org
Phone : +961-01-559031
Mobile : +961-03-041705

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this E-mail are intended for the
named recipient only. It may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you received it in error, please notify us immediately and
then destroy it. Internet communications are not secure and therefore
I do we do not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message. Also, and though we provide every effort
to keep our network free from viruses, you would need to check this E-mail
and any attachments for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any
computer virus which might be transferred by way of this E-mail.