Problem with SPam, some SPAM going through filter.

Mark mcornes at loreto.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 10:17:27 IST 2008

I had lots of these recently one day some 200+ reached our CEO! Ouch. Anyway
look up Watermarking and ³joe-job² attacks. In the MailScanner.conf try
adding this feature and pushing all your mail out via your mailscanner
gateway so then you know that any NDR messages have originated from
yourself.

# Do you want to add a watermark to each email message?
# Setting this enables delivery error messages to be identified as yours
# so you want to see them. Delivery error messages without valid watermarks
# are treated as spam (or whatever you set below), as you probably don't
# want to see them. Spammers can send vast quantities of spam claiming to
# come from you so that you get all the delivery errors (known as a
"joe-job"
# attack).
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Add Watermark = yes