MailScanner + MailWatch-Problem

Ricky Boone ricky.boone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 05:33:58 IST 2008

Marcel Blenkers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am using MailScanner and Mailwatch.
>
> Suddenly the following line seems to popup in an unregular basis on the
> shell:
>

> commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 93,
> <CLIENT> line 1.
>

> Does anyone got any idea what this could be causing this?

If it's what I think it is, this can be ignored.  It looks like
MailWatch.pm includes a MySQL commit statement, which is only effective
with specific database types.  MyISAM doesn't have commit functionality,
so everything is AutoCommit'ed to the database.  I think it's just there
in case you're using InnoDB.

Then again, I'm not perl or MySQL guru.  :)