encryption?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herffjones.com
Tue Jul 29 18:42:25 IST 2008

Hi, Hugo.  I'm actually looking into switching from MailScanner to FSL's
BarricadeMX/DefenderMX combo, and Steve already noted that they're
hoping to add hooks for encryption soon but don't have them yet.  I was
assuming that combo uses sendmail, but I suppose that may not be a valid
assumption.  I thought if I could figure out how to do it on my existing
systems, then I could be reasonably certain of how I could do it on my
own on a DefenderMX system until there's an integrated encryption
offering.

I could just route all inbound and outbound mail through the voltage
system -- I just would prefer not to do that for any mail except that
which needs to be encrypted.

I have little experience with Postfix, not enough to be interested in
switching at this point.  I use a couple of milters in sendmail.  Do you
know of a milter (or a Postfix way you feel like bragging about ;-) )
that would help here?

It occurred to me that if I could just get MailScanner to move the
messages into a different directory, then I could have a simple script
pull out the header and move them into a new sendmail queue, with
sendmail configured to handle that queue simply by sending everything
over to the Voltage systems.  I don't know that Voltage can/will remove
the X- header on its own.