Help needed to locate an E-Mail

Alex Neuman alex at rtpty.com
Tue Jul 29 12:39:56 IST 2008

So in the dovecot logs there is absolutely *no* indication of the user
reading the mailbox?
On Jul 29, 2008, at 1:16 AM, Götz Reinicke wrote:

> we use IMAP only and the user definitively didn't deleted or
> downloaded the mail by hand.

> I'v scaned all of the usere mailboxfiles, and the mails where not
> there.
Scanning all the mailboxes only assumes the mails were there to begin
with.

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable,
must be the truth.

Do you know the "from:" and "to:" of the e-mails in question? If you
know this, or if you can get the message ID from mailwatch, grep the /
var/log/maillog file to see exactly what happened to the message. Can
you cut and paste this here?