encryption?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herffjones.com
Mon Jul 28 19:55:09 IST 2008

This is slightly off-topic, but is anyone already doing the following or
do you know *how* to do the following with MailScanner and/or Sendmail?
Basically I'd like to tie in a Voltage for encryption, and it works
entirely based SMTP.

If an email with a particular message header comes into the mailscanner
system that handles outbound email, I'd like to route it via SMTP over
to a Voltage server, which will accept the message, encrypt it, then
send it back.

The bit I'm not sure how to do is re-routing a message based on the
presence of a particular header.  Imagine the head is simply
that message elsewhere?  Would it have to change the SMTP recipient to
do so, or can we just hand off to the other system without changing the
SMTP recipient (as is done by sendmail when using the mailertable
feature)?

Bonus points if you work for or use the FSL products and are able to
jump in and tell me Barricade or Defender can do the same. ;-)

Trever Furnish, tgfurnish at herffjones.com
Herff Jones, Inc. Unix / Network Administrator
Phone: 317.612.3519
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Unix.