New Trojan

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jul 24 20:25:51 IST 2008

on 7-24-2008 11:56 AM dnsadmin 1bigthink.com spake the following:
> At 02:33 PM 7/24/2008, you wrote:
>> Derek Buttineau wrote:

>>> We're seeing a ton of them incoming now too, clamav is still not
>>> detecting them either :(
>>> Derek
>>

>> What sig file are you running? Daily here is 7815
>> We are catching them, and have been since sometime yesterday afternoon
>> (GMT-7).
>>
>> Clam calls them as Trojan.Zbot-1711, Trojan.Zbot-1712
>>
>> Ken
>
> I'm still not catching them with clamscan, I've got 7815 here, too, but
> running ClamAV 0.92.1 and suspect that is why.
>
> Thinking very seriously about upgrade today.
>
> Cheers,
> Glenn

Clam engines lose functionality the farther out of date they are even though
the signatures still load. That is why you get those functionality warnings of
how bad it might be out of date. See http://www.clamav.net/support/faq

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and