Whitelisted or Not?

Mogens Melander mogens at fumlersoft.dk
Thu Jul 24 19:55:51 IST 2008

On Thu, July 24, 2008 10:27, Julian Field wrote:

> Denis Beauchemin wrote:
>> Mogens Melander a écrit :
>>> Hi list
>>>
>>> I just recieved a mail, from a whitelisted sender, containing
>>> only a gif image. The image is ok, but i was curious about
>>> the MCP and SA reports. MCP _always_ report score=0 unless
>>> the required=5 is reached. Why don't i get the full MCP report,
>>> as i do with SA ? I'm probably missing something basic :)
>>>
>>> Both MCP and SA report whitelisted, but SA is close to hitting
>>> the required=5 spamscore. What will happen is it scores above
>>> the required 5? Will the mail be allowed to pass as whitelisted, or ???
>>>
>>> Any clues, anybody?
>>>
>>> Here's the headers in question:

>>> SpamAssassin (not cached, score=4.774, required 5, AWL -3.33,
>>> BAYES_00 -1.00, DC_IMG_HTML_RATIO 1.00, DC_IMG_TEXT_RATIO 1.00,
>>> HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_04 2.04, HTML_MESSAGE 0.00,
>>> HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG 0.10, MIME_HTML_ONLY 1.46,
>>> MISSING_HEADERS 1.29, SPF_PASS -0.00, TVD_SPACE_RATIO 2.22)
>>>

>> Mogens,
>>
>> I don't know about MCP (don't use it), but if there is a rule in MS to
>> whitelist an email il will be whitelisted even if it gets a huge SA
>> score. Thus it will be delivered.
> The only time the whitelisting (if you have done it with my default
> example spam.whitelist.rules) will be over-ridden is if it has lots and
> lots of recipients (as set by the "Ignore Spam Whitelist If Recipients
> Exceed = 20" in MailScanner.conf).

Ok, thanks. Then i'll be safe. Ther's no To: headers, only a some -

  Reccieved: from blabla at sowhere.net For somone at aroundhere.net

Funny enough, there's a Bcc: header, but it's emty.

BTW. How come MCP always report "MCP-Checker (score=0, required 5)", when
the mail is below the 5 point marker ? When i watch maillog, i can see
what rules is hit, when it's above 5.

--
Later

Mogens Melander