F-secure alternative?

Nils Olav Brandstorp Bekken nils.o.bekken at hiof.no
Wed Jul 23 13:32:59 IST 2008

Since the updates for 4.65 is gone, I'm looking for
an alternative. Our systems (Debian Etch) and MailScanner
doesn't seem very happy with the F-Secure 5 version, and I'm not sure if
F-Secure 7 is supported yet. (It scans and find infected email, but
they're delivered anyway)

I've tried Clamav but I'm not sure about how frequently
it is updated.

So if anyone can recommend an antivirus scanner
that I dont need to install the entire Debian repository
to get working, I would appreciate it. (I dont like to
waste cpu and memory on X and friends so I would prefer
command-line)

I'm thinking of installing MailScanner from source as
the Debian package in Etch is a little bit "outdated" ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Nils.