Loads of incoming email to bogus email addresses with no from address

Jens Ahlin mailing_lists+mailscanner at caleotech.com
Tue Jul 22 13:40:46 IST 2008

> Hi all,
>
> Today my mail server - fedora/sendmail/mailscanner/sa/mailwatch has approx
> 3000 non legitimate emails to one of the domains I scan and relay to
> Exchange 2003. All these emails have no from address and the subject
> varies from a)**Message you sent blocked by our bulk email filter** and
> b)Mail System Error - Returned Mail
>
> Is there a way to stop this?
>
> I scan and fwd mails for many domain.
> Maybe there is a way that somewhere I can set - these are the only email
> addresses I want to accept email for , for a particulare domain, and drop
> all other email. Then MS Can only receive genuine email addresses? This
> maybe is not the best solution as if the exchange admin adds new accounts
> he would have to notify us of the new addresses...
>
> Any help or pointers would be greatly received
>
> Regards
> Kevin

Hi,

For one of the installations I manage I'm running the MS box in front of a
Exchange server. I have a script that pulls all valid email addresses from
AD and builds a sendmail access file to be able to reject mail at MTA for
non valid addresses.

If you email me off list ( jah at caleotech dot com ) I could send you a
example script of how to do this.

        Jens