mailscanner with clamav an spamassasin howto

Craig Retief craig at csfs.co.za
Mon Jul 21 18:14:35 IST 2008

> Try to see  if you have symbolic link to Spamasassin within the MailScanner :
>
> You might have installed MailScanner after spamasassin ,
> This might be the recomendation in install log that you missed :
> WARNING: You must create a link in /etc/mail/spamassassin called mailscanner.cf
> WARNING: which points to the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file in the
> WARNING: MailScanner etc directory.

I'm going out on a limb here but I imagine this is an error that you are
getting and need help rectifying it.

install MailScanner first and then the easy install package
install-ClamAV-SpamAssassin from the MailScanner downloads page.

Then try this if the file does not get created:

ln
-s /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf

cheers,

Craig