Timo Jacobs is out of the office.

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Sun Jul 20 09:16:08 IST 2008

On 20 Jul 2008, at 08:26, Jason Ede wrote:

> The problem with disclaimers is that some managers seem to want them
> (and added at gateway too), and can't understand the fact that they
> are mostly completely legally unenforceable. They see them as a
> necessity due to most of their clients having similar.

The thing is that in the UK it is now a legal requirement that some
form of footer is included on all company generated email (See http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/21/new_web_email_regulation/
  ). The problem is that most managers/ companies take the opportunity
to then add 3 more paragraphs of completely unenforceable rubbish. The
auditors to one of my client's have more disclaimer than content in
99.5% of their emails. The finance departments are under instruction
not to print their emails as the paper wasted in disclaimers is huge!

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by Technology Tiger's Mail Launder system <www.mail-launder.com>

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ