OT-Related to the DNS stuff

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Mon Jul 14 15:59:04 IST 2008

I have 5 rh 7.3 servers I am migrating to Centos 5 and I just pulled the
bind-9.4.3b2.tar.gz from the ISC bind page.
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \
--localstatedir=/var --enable-libbind \
--enable-threads

Should match a redhat package install, if you have not kept up your openssl
you may need --disable-openssl-version-check.

You will have to add dnssec-enable yes; to named.conf and might want to add
empty-zones-enable no; if you do not have
Active ipv6 dns currently (will cut down on noise);

Rick

believed to be clean.