Infected messages requeued - clamav, postfix, v4.70.7

David Greenstein dgreenstein at stillsecure.com
Fri Jul 11 21:20:41 IST 2008

Thanks for the reply Jules! I agree that this would be too obvious
of a bug for someone else not to have run into... so hopefully
I'm just doing something silly.

For the debug message, I put a loop in MessageBatch::VirusScan after
MailScanner::SweepViruses::ScanBatch is called that looks as follows:

  my($key, $message);

  #print "In PrintInfections(), this = $this\n";
  while(($key, $message) = each %{$this->{messages}}) {
    #print STDERR "Key is $key and Message is $message\n";
    MailScanner::Log::NoticeLog("MESSAGE virusinfected: %d, %s",
$message->{virusinfected}, $key);
  }

It seems that it's necessary for this to be set so that the
quarantine and other infected operations take place after
CombineReports uses this to set the "infected" key in the
message.... but I'm likely misreading something in the code.

Here are all the versions I have installed (the "ss#" in the
rpm is because the rpms have been repackaged these with a slightly
different name)... perhaps that is part of the problem.

rpm -qa | grep mailscanner
mailscanner-4.70.7-ss1

rpm -qa | grep clam
clamav-filesystem-0.93.3-1.ss
clamav-data-0.93.3-1.ss
clamav-update-0.93.3-1.ss
clamav-server-sysv-0.93.3-1.ss
clamav-data-empty-0.93.3-1.ss
clamav-lib-0.93.3-1.ss
clamav-0.93.3-1.ss
clamav-devel-0.93.3-1.ss
clamav-server-0.93.3-1.ss

rpm -qa | grep perl
perl-TimeDate-1.16-ss4
perl-OLE-Storage_Lite-0.16-ss2
perl-Digest-SHA1-2.11-ss1.2
perl-Digest-HMAC-1.01-ss14.2
perl-Net-DNS-0.55-ss1.1.2
perl-DBD-Pg-1.31-ss7
perl-Filesys-Df-0.90-ss2
perl-MIME-tools-5.425-ss2
perl-Convert-TNEF-0.17-ss2
perl-Pod-Simple-3.05-ss2
perl-5.8.3-ss18
perl-DBI-1.56-ss2
perl-Compress-Zlib-1.41-ss1.2.2
perl-Net-IP-1.24-ss2.2
perl-DBD-SQLite-1.13-ss2
perl-Filter-1.28-ss141
perl-MailTools-2.02-ss2
perl-Convert-BinHex-1.119-ss3
perl-Pod-Escapes-1.04-ss2
perl-HTML-Parser-3.50-ss1
perl-Archive-Zip-1.16-ss2
subversion-perl-1.3.0-ss5
perl-Sys-Hostname-Long-1.4-ss2
perl-IO-stringy-2.110-ss2
perl-Net-CIDR-0.11-ss2
perl-Test-Pod-1.26-ss2
perl-Time-HiRes-1.9707-ss2
perl-URI-1.35-ss2.2
perl-HTML-Tagset-3.10-ss2.1
perl-TermReadKey-2.20-ss17
perl-IO-1.2301-ss3

MailScanner --lint

**** ERROR: You must upgrade your perl IO module to at least
**** ERROR: version 1.2301 or MailScanner will not work!

This must be due to the renamed package. I think I'll try to install
MailScanner's default rpms right from the download site on a fresh
linux install and see what happens.

Thanks for your help!

Dave