MailScanner on FC8 don't pickup emails

Luciano Grego lucianog at metline.it
Fri Jul 11 17:26:01 IST 2008

Hi Julian,
setup of Mailscanner it's easy!
I've first setup sendmail for incoming and outgoing messages
for his domain and check if ok,
then i've installed MailScanner Ver. 4.69.9-3.
I' ve installed Ver.  4.70.7-1 and Ver. 4.71.2-2 after the problem,
thinking it a bug of MailScanner.

Here :  MailScanner --lint

Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Read 824 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 3015 hostnames from the phishing blacklist
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.71.2) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temporary working directory is
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
ClamAV scanner using unrar command /usr/bin/unrar
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamav"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
LibClamAV Warning:
LibClamAV Warning: ***  This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated.
***
LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq
***
LibClamAV Warning:
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/4988/./1/eicar.com: Eicar-Test-Signature
FOUND

/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/4988/./1.message: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND

Virus Scanning: ClamAV found 2 infections
Infected message 1.message came from
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 2 viruses
Filename Checks:  (1 eicar.com)
Filetype Checks: Allowing 1 eicar.com
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus Scanner test reports:
ClamAV said "eicar.com contains Eicar-Test-Signature"

--
Here : spamassassin --lint
mail  root  [ /home/repos/src ] spamassassin --lint

Thanks
L.