Watch it: Multiple DNS implementations vulnerableto cachepoisoning

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Thu Jul 10 13:20:42 IST 2008

query-source defines the IP address (IPv4 or IPv6) and optional port to
be used as the source for outgoing queries from the server.

The default is a random unprivileged port.

There may, of course, be over-zealous firewall rules (or SELinux
policies) which mistakenly insist that the source and destination ports
are both 53, but that's plain wrong.

And dangerous.

Cheers,

Phil