CRLF in attachments being replaced by LF

Seb James seb at esfnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 09:49:51 IST 2008

Hi list,

I have a problem with some attachments being sent to me.

I am using postfix and MailScanner and SpamAssassin to process incoming
mail.

The attachments are raw print data, containing escape characters of
various types and also CRLF pairs, as well as formfeeds, and lonely LF
characters.

Somewhere, the CRLF are being converted to LF, which messes up the print
data (test docs sent to me by customers for testing and problem
resolution).

I suspect spamassassin, am I right?

Any way to turn spamassassin off for certain attachment file types, such
as any files ending in .prn and .dat? I know I can deny or allow files
based on file types, but what about spamassassin scanning depending on
file type?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Seb James