MailScanner 4.70 and latest raft of CentOS5 updates?

ram ram at netcore.co.in
Thu Jul 10 08:14:02 IST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 20:46 +0100, Paul Hutchings wrote:
> As subject, there's a major bunch of updates been released for CentOS 5
> recently.
>
> I know nothing is concrete, but has anyone here taken the plunge and do
> you know if there there any known/major issues between these, and
> MailScanner 4.70?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I always do an clean rpm install of mailscanner. ( not using the install
script  because I have to everything from a yum repository according to
rules here :-) )

With mailscanner 4.7.0 , I have to force install of 1 rpm
perl-IO-1.2301-1.noarch.rpm because of conflicts with perl 5.8

Rest everything works fine, but systems guys here are not happy

Thanks
Ram