Feature request: logical AND in rulesets

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 15:05:37 IST 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Julian Field
<MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> shuttlebox wrote:

>>> You just missed a "From" after the "AND". But otherwise you got it right.
>>>

>> So "from AND  from" is legal? I have never tried it, I have just used
>> "from AND to".
>>

> Yes, from and from is quite legal, as they are testing for different things
> (the IP address and the sender's email address).

Excellent! I have use for it where I had to exclude mail from an
internal (Microsoft) server from all scanning since its MIME can't be
unpacked. It felt risky to exclude an address from scanning since it
can be faked so easily but now I can add the relay it should come
from. :-)

--
Paul Lynde  - "I sang in the choir for years, even though my family
belonged to another church."