Run MScanner in a virtualized environment.

Ghetti, Ron Ron.Ghetti at town.barnstable.ma.us
Mon Jul 7 16:36:48 IST 2008

Running here on vmware, it took a bit of tweaking
To get it to keep up when we get busy.
No virus scanning as it is handled elsewhere.
Although, I'd like to re-enable it but av scanning just kills it.
The network load factor is generally all the spam attempts.
I think it's dropping about 10 - 20,000 connections a day.

Here are some numbers.

There were 2,110 Messages Sent from internal Users.
There were 0 virus infected messages removed.
There were 12,814 Total messages Recieved.
There were 4,072 Messages Delivered.
There were 6,981 messages marked as spam.
There were 7,794 Messages rejected due to bad recipients.
There were 323 Messages rejected due to bad Sender Addresses (Domain Not
Found)
There were 996 Messages rejected due to embedded-attached images ( image
spam )
There were 4 Attempted Message Relays.
There were 13,379 Connections Dropped.
There were 22,505 rejected in Total.