New feature -- antiword support

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Wed Jul 2 20:10:38 IST 2008

> I felt a bit bored at home this afternoon, supposedly having a day off...

Have a few more days off on me :)

> So I added support for the "antiword" program.
> Basically what MailScanner can now do is find *.doc files attached to
> your email messages, convert them to plain text (with a bit of
> *highlighting* like that) and add the text as new attachments to the
> messages.

Genius! I've been gnashing my teeth at a problem where some people are
sending Word documents as e-mail messages that I want to read with a PHP
script. If I AntiWord them with MailScanner into text/plain, my script
will find them perfectly :)

Jules, many thanks for a most useful addition to a most useful tool! :)

Cheers!

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites