SpamAssassin 3.2.5 woes

Steffan Henke henker at evendi.de
Wed Jul 2 09:16:43 IST 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Julian Field wrote:

> Check that whatever user you are running MailScanner as, can actually read
> all the SpamAssasssin rules. Dodgy permissions somewhere near the top of the
> /var/lib/spamasssassin(?) tree would break it fairly well.

Jules,

thank you for your suggestions - however, MS runs as root. Since *some*
rules (atm KAM.cf and Botnet.cf) are triggered, I assume, everything is
accessible from MailScanner.
When the textcat plugin is enabled, I see a couple of errors in the logs:

textcat: languages filename not defined
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/TextCat.pm line
413

- but I don't think this is actually related to my problems. Disabling
textcat made no real difference so far.

Regards,

Steffan