Internal use only

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Jan 30 22:15:04 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 4:59 pm, Alex Neuman wrote:
> Couldn't this be done (and wouldn't it be better) at the MTA level?
>
> On Jan 30, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> > Hi, folks.
> >
> > A particular department in our company wants to restrict its
> > employees to
> > sending email to, and receiving it from, our domain only.  I came
> > across a
> > post that discusses that, using CustomConfig.pm and
> > internal.accounts.conf
> > (at least to limit sending to domain only).  I have a couple of
> > questions:
> >
> > do I add &InternalActions to the directives I already, as in:
> >
> > "Non Spam Actions = deliver &InternalActions"
> > "Spam Actions = store deliver &InternalActions"
> >
> > etc.?
> >
> > Does this also limit inbound messages to the user to domain mail
> > only?  If
> > not, how do I accomplish that?
> >
> > Anthing else I should know/do to limit a user to domain mail only?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Dimitri

Alex,

You may be right, but I know niether if it could or if it should be done at
the MTA (which, btw, is sendmail).  At least as far as limiting a user's
outbound mail, there is a mechanism w/in MS to do that.  So, I assume there's
a good reason for it being there.  Using (il)logic, I thought there might
also be a way to limit a user's inbound mail via MS.  If doing this via the
MTA is a better solution (not that I know how, but I can find out), why?

Thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.