OT: Re: Trend Micro Sues Barracuda Over Open Source Anti-Virus

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Tue Jan 29 22:51:22 GMT 2008

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> Julian Field wrote:
> |
> | Scott Silva wrote:
>
> |> But win or lose, the lawyers still get paid.
> | But they pay with their soul...
>
> I would say their job description pretty much forbids any of them to
> actually have one to start with.

While I've met lawyers whose smile is best compared to that of a shark,
I'm starting to find the wholesale character assassination here very
tedious.  Have we actually heard that the lawyers involved have done
anything underhanded or shady in following the requests of whomever is
making these particular business decisions at Trend Micro?

Personally, I'm pleased as punch to being living in a country where the
rule of law [mostly] holds, there's a process [a bit flawed] for getting
laws changed, and we don't have Trend Micro deciding between sending
over the guys with big sticks to beat the crap out of Barracuda's CEO,
or having the local warlord they've been sucking up to do it for them.

OK, I'm outta here again.

--Jon Radel