OT: Web Mail Client

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jan 22 23:26:47 GMT 2008

on 1/22/2008 2:56 PM Arthur Sherman spake the following:

No shared contacts unless maybe you are using LDAP book. It doesn't share the
sql contacts, although it looks as if it can be easily hacked to do so.

It doesn't seem to notify you of new mail unless you click on a folder first.

Interface is very attractive, and it seems very speedy.

I have also tried egroupware and horde/imp, and they all have different
shortcomings that my users will complain about.

Squirrelmail seems to be the fastest, but it is butt ugly, and the plugins
that need the compatibility plugin are a hit and miss proposition.

Openwebmail's direct access of the mailspool restricts it to mbox only, and it
gets slow on large mailboxes. Global addressbook without LDAP is a plus.

I have a few others to look at before I decide, but I will probably leave
squirrelmail up for those who value speed over substance.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and