SA 3.2.4 lint output oddity

Paul Kelly:: Blacknight paul at blacknight.ie
Mon Jan 21 22:58:17 GMT 2008

Julian Field wrote:

> Is your debug output showing that it's reading /usr/share/spamassassin
> or /var/lib/spamassassin?
> The output is caused by this rule in KAM.cf:
> meta        KAM_RPTR_PASSED        (__KAM_RPTR_PASSED && (URIBL_SBL +
> URIBL_SC_SURBL + URIBL_WS_SURBL + URIBL_PH_SURBL + URIBL_OB_SURBL +
> URIBL_AB_SURBL + URIBL_JP_SURBL + RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET +
> RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL + RCVD_IN_XBL + KAM_SPAMJDR < 1))
>
> and for some reason it isn't finding the URIBL_SBL definition in
> 25_uribl.cf:body        URIBL_SBL    eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_SBL')
>
> Is anyone else seeing the same behaviour?
>
> Paul Kelly:: Blacknight wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> On the last 2 machines I've installed I'm seeing the following output
>> from running:
>>
>> MailScanner --debug --debug-sa
>>
>> [8786] dbg: rules: meta test KAM_RPTR_PASSED has undefined dependency
>> 'URIBL_SBL'
>> [8786] dbg: rules: meta test KAM_RPTR_PASSED has undefined dependency
>> 'URIBL_SC_SURBL'
>> [8786] dbg: rules: meta test KAM_RPTR_PASSED has undefined dependency
>> 'URIBL_WS_SURBL'
>> [8786] dbg: rules: meta test KAM_RPTR_PASSED has undefined dependency
>> 'URIBL_PH_SURBL'
>> [8786] dbg: rules: meta test KAM_RPTR_PASSED has undefined dependency
>> 'URIBL_OB_SURBL'
>> [8786] dbg: rules: meta test KAM_RPTR_PASSED has undefined dependency
>> 'URIBL_AB_SURBL'
>> [8786] dbg: rules: meta test KAM_RPTR_PASSED has undefined dependency
>> 'URIBL_JP_SURBL'
>> [8786] dbg: rules: meta test KAM_RPTR_PASSED has undefined dependency
>> 'RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL'
>>
>> There are more, but I said there's isn't much point in pasting them all.
>>
>> Any idea a) why they are appearing and what I might be missing? I've
>> satisfied mailscanners perl module tastes, i.e. output from
>> MailScanner -V is happy that most perl modules are installed.
>>
>> I also note, I've not seen any URIBL hits at all in the logs but this
>> could easily be because there isn't huge volumes of mail going through
>> the system yet. But again I could be missing something.
>>
>> For reference MailScanner -V output is here:
>> http://pastebin.com/m28041620

After some fiddling I found I've not run sa-update, which in turn didn't
have the correct GPG key installed.

After installing the correct GPG key and running sa-update, followed by
sa-compile all is now well. Mostly anyways. I'm seeing lots of URIBL,
Razor2 and stuff in the logs on 3 machines that were recently updated to
SA 3.2.4.

My own fault for rushing through upgrades :)

Paul

--
Paul Kelly
Technical Director