How to know if I'm blacklisted

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Jan 21 16:49:52 GMT 2008

Glenn Steen wrote:
> Yes. Exactly. One such invalidity is to use an email address syntax
> (... at ....), which an amazing amount of spam senders use that.
> One can argue about what is deemed a valid domain name, from a
> syntactical viewpoint.... For instance, a bare word (xxxxx) isn't
> syntactically correct either. Fortunate that the RFCs are pretty clear
> on that too:-)

I see a lot of spam and viruses with the bare hostname, but haven't seen any
with the @ sign.. maybe I'll have to look harder..

> Hm. Perhaps one shouldn't be talking about this in a public forum....
> the B*stards might get a clue:-).

Well, first we need the legitimate server operators to get a clue.

Unfortunately, a quick glance at my own email finds several legitimate senders
that are using bare hostnames.

Many I don't really care about normally, but I sometimes need email from them
when using their tech support. (ie: APC)