Storing Duplicate Copies of Quarantine

Brian O'Keeffe brian.okeeffe at kepak.com
Thu Jan 17 13:06:48 GMT 2008

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 17/01/2008, Brian O'Keeffe <brian.okeeffe at kepak.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm running two mail gateways with MailScanner and MailWatch, I've
>> trying to give users access to release their quarantined mails using
>> MailWatch's quarantine report but want to give users a single point of
>> contact rather than getting reports from both gateways and releasing
>> mails from both.
>> I've set up NFS shares so that the gateways can write to each other and
>> set up Master-Master replication on the MySql databases on both. Where
>> I'm having a problem is getting MailScanner to write Quarantined files
>> to the quarantine folder on the box that its running on and also to the
>> quarantine on the other gateway.  I've got it writing to the archive on
>> both machines but just can't get the quarantine to do the same. Is there
>> some way I can write a ruleset to achieve this?
>>
>> Any assistance, ideas or comments would be very gratefully received.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Brian
>>

> Why go through all this, when MailWatch can log to one DB and release
> (through XML-RPC) from both?
>
> Cheers

Thanks Glenn but I'm trying to build in redundancy as well, so if one
gateway drops then the other still has everything necessary and at most
all i need do is activate the MailWatch Quarantine report. Am I
misreading the MailWatch documentation or can I use the XML-RPC to do this.

Regards

Brian

believed to be clean.