Mailscanner gateway using sendmail (are there rulesforindividualdomains)

Hostmaster Hostmaster at computerservicecentre.com
Mon Jan 14 12:41:34 GMT 2008

[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Kit >Wong
>Posted At: 14 January 2008 12:17
>Posted To: Hostmaster
>Conversation: Mailscanner gateway using sendmail (are there
rulesforindividualdomains)
>Subject: RE: Mailscanner gateway using sendmail (are there
rulesforindividualdomains)

>Might be crossed wired here. I want to be able to tell
>mailscanner/sendmail to scan all incoming but rather than put it into
>the mail box on the server is to relay it on to an ip address that will
>have exchange waiting. I want to be able to say which emails (domain)
>and which ip address to relay to.
>
>Thanks

Hi Kit,

AFAIK, the only way to do what you want to do will be at MTA level, not with
MailScanner.

I know what you want to do is possible using Exim with custom manual routing
transports on the outbound split queue config file, however I do not know
whether you can do it with sendmail - if nobody else can suggest a solution,
switch to exim :)

Best Regards,

Richard Garner
(A+, N+, AMBCS, MOS-O)

All E-Mail communications are monitored in addition to being content checked for malicious codes or viruses. The success of scanning products is not guaranteed, therefore the recipient(s) should carry out any checks that they believe to be appropriate in this respect.

This message (including any attachments and/or related materials) is confidential to and is the property of Computer Service Centre, unless otherwise noted. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Computer Service Centre.