Clamd not being detected on fresh install of 4.66.5 on CentOS5

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 17:59:03 GMT 2008

I've installed clamav and setup clamd (latest 0.92) onto a fresh install of CentOS 5 and set it up exactly the way I've always done it on other machines, but it seems that MailScanner seems unable to detect it (see below)

[root at smtp MailScanner]# MailScanner --lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.66.5) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temp dir = /tmp/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd

If any of your virus scanners (clamd)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.
[root at smtp MailScanner]# clamdscan -V
ClamAV 0.92/5470/Thu Jan 10 14:49:37 2008
[root at smtp MailScanner]#

I've the socket set to 3310, the same as before and clamdscan seems to work, but just MailScanner seems unable to find it... Any ideas?

Jason