sanesecurity 403s ?

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Wed Jan 9 22:37:19 GMT 2008

Gerard wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 13:53:27 -0600
> Ken A <ka at pacific.net> wrote:
>
>> Someone else was able to fix it by removing temp files, it may be
>> related to that and not curl, but I didn't investigate. Perhaps if
>> the script removes temp files that fail to install it wouldn't fail
>> on subsequent runs?
>
> I should probably take this off list.
>
> The script does, or at least it is suppose to, delete any failed
> installations. I have not witnessed any remnants from failed
> installation on my system. If someone has more information regarding
> this, I would appreciate seeing it. Presently, I cannot confirm this
> problem myself.

The script works fine when Sanesecurity's site/mirror returns a 403 html
  error message.  This was recently, some time ago I saw a download
problem message, and the script had no problem with it, I'm not sure if
the older problem was also a html message instead of the signatures file.

Somebody on this thread mentioned that the problem was the way curl was
used, and that using wget was his solution... perhaps he can expand on
what is the exact problem with curl, what version of curl, etc.

Regards.
--
René Berber