Kaspersky not detected

UxBoD uxbod at splatnix.net
Sun Jan 6 17:24:33 GMT 2008

Jules,

if you run MS as root then no problems at all, otherwise due to the permissions on /etc/opt/kaspersky/kav4fs.conf then it will fail straight away!

The definitions upgrade script works fine as that is run via the root cron.

Hmmm, the lint could check the conf file, but would also need to check the MS Run As parameter as you might aswell run the cache if you are just using root.

What I have done may not be the correct or elegant way but it got it to work.  Will see what comes back on the forum post, as they say the default is only run by root, so there must be a workaround.

Regards,

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s https://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: C759 8F52 1D17 B3C5 5854  36BD 1FB1 B02F 5DB5 687B
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x5DB5687B
// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net