4.66.5-3

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 20:13:12 GMT 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 8:20 PM, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> I've just released this, hopefully with only 1 change. It will force the
> installation of the Perl IO module which should stop the problems caused
> on RPM systems where people install the latest upgrade and then find
> their MailScanner won't start.

What was the problem and what did you do to fix it? Was it that IO was
installed "too late" in INC or that it failed to install at all? Is
the change just in the RPM/install script or in MailScanner as well?

I have run into the same problem with my Blastwave packages. The IO
included in Perl 5.8.8 is 1.22 which makes MS not start. I built IO
1.2301 but it installed later in INC and is not used. Instead of
overwriting files belonging to the Perl package (like CPAN does) I
made a workaround with wrappers using PERLLIB to change INC for use
with MS. I have requested a Perl rebuild including IO 1.2301 which
would allow me to build a clean package. Just curious if this was the
same thing.

--
/peter