AW: Clamd and updates

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 12:40:23 GMT 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 1:20 PM, UxBoD <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:
> I am using source and have set the path to /usr/local in virus.scanners.conf hence it actually working when running in daemon mode, but the lint doesn't actually pick it up.  If I remove esets and run a lint it works fine, so only if you have a combination it fails.

First, the updates are totally separate from the scanning and linting
which is controlled by the setting in MailScanner.conf (have you tried
auto?). The updates are always run if the appropriate binaries can be
found according to virus.scanners.conf.

Have you checked if Clam is up to date with freshclam -V? If so, it
might be a problem with your logging, not the updates themselves. Have
you tried running the update scripts manually to see if they complain?
File permissions?

I also use Clam in daemon mode and get logs like these if it's any help:

Syslog
======
Jan  2 03:20:49 x.y.se update.virus.scanners: [ID 702911 mail.info]
Found clamav installed
Jan  2 03:20:49 x.y.se update.virus.scanners: [ID 702911 mail.info]
Running autoupdate for clamav
Jan  2 03:20:49 x.y.se ClamAV-autoupdate[28431]: ClamAV updated
Jan  2 03:50:51 x.y.se update.virus.scanners: [ID 702911 mail.info]
Found clamav installed
Jan  2 03:50:51 x.y.se update.virus.scanners: [ID 702911 mail.info]
Running autoupdate for clamav
Jan  2 03:50:51 x.y.se ClamAV-autoupdate[29111]: ClamAV did not need updating

Lint
====
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
Clamd said "eicar.com was infected: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND"

--
/peter