Queue problem

Vlad Mazek v at vladville.com
Fri Feb 29 16:03:44 GMT 2008

Look for the spamassassin cache database locking (search maillog for dbi is
locked) which will explain it. Turn on spam speed logging to see how long
the average queue processing time takes. Between the two you should be able
to isolate it. Or you can try MailScanner --debug and see if you can find
the needle in the haystack, maybe your DNS is just acting up.

-Vlad

On 2/29/08, Maxime Gaudreault <mgaudreault at reference.qc.ca> wrote:

>  Hi
>

> I have a problem with my anti-spam gateway. The queue is fulling up very
> quickly (1600+ mails in queue).
>

> The server's load average is <1 (0.60 – 0.80) so I suppose this is not a
> ressource problem.
>

> Then I have to change the port forwarding directly to my Imail server to
> let the anti-spam's queue going down.
>

> I used many tweak to maximize the efficacity of the anti-spam (mailscanner
> work directory in ram, dns cache server, increasing memory). I only got 1
> CPU but I suppose this is not the problem because when the queue is full,
> the load average is under 1.
>

> Any idea ?
>

> PS: Sorry for my bad engllish
>

> *Maxime Gaudreault*